photo credit: http://bevcooks.com
Shrimp Po’ Boys
original recipe: http://bevcooks.com/2011/11/shrimp-po-boys/
- 3 Tbs. canola mayonaise
- 1 Tbs. hot sauce (like Franks or Tobasco)
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. herbs de provence
- 1 Tbs. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbs. Penzey’s Arizona Dreaming seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound frozen shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined)
- 1 French baguette, cut into fourths and toasted
- 1 roma tomato, sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup (or more) arugula, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the mayo, hot sauce and lemon juice. Stir until combined and set aside.
In another little bowl, combine the herbs de provence, paprika, Arizona Dreaming, garlic powder and cayenne. Toss over the shrimp, coating them.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the shrimp and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from heat.
Spread the mayo along the inside of the baguette. Layer with tomato, arugula and seared shrimp.