Black Bean & Sweet Potato Whole Grain Enchiladas
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 C salsa verde, divided
1 C canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can green chiles
1/2 C diced red onion
4 T chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
1 t chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t cumin
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 C shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
10-12 small (6″) whole grain tortillas
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced/sliced
1 vine-on roma tomato, diced
1. Preheat panggangan to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling water, cook sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-15 minutes (depending on how big the pieces are); drain well and set aside.
2. Spread 1 cup salsa verde in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish – set aside while you prepare the filling.
3. In a large bowl stir together sweet potatoes, black beans, green chiles, red onion, 2 T cilantro, chili & garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste).
4. To assemble the enchiladas, lay tortilla on a flat surface and scoop 1/4 cup sweet potato mixture in the center, then sprinkle with cheese. Roll the tortilla tightly, then place seam-side-down onto prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling mixture. Top with remaining salsa verde and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from panggangan and top with cilantro, avocado, and tomato. Serve with cilantro lime rice or mexican rice.
Recipe adapted from: Damn Delcious