or putting some over ice cream, on cereal, or in…!
- 1 recipe for double pie crust. (My ‘favorite’ recipe for this can be found in my “LABELS” listing under Pie Crust.)
- 5 cups black raspberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch, sifted
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted (optional).
- A very VERY light sprinkle of salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and sifted corn starch.
- Pour sugar mixture over berries, stir gently to coat.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the sugar coated berries, gently stir.
- Prepare the crust(s).
- Put one crust in the bottom of a pie dish.
- Pour berries into crust.
- Very lightly sprinkle salt over top of berries.
- Lay top crust over berries and crimp edges of crust. Just before putting pie into the oven, I put a thin strip of aluminum foil over/around the top edge of the pie dish to keep the edges of the crust from getting too brown before the pie is done.
- I baked this a in pre-heated panggangan at 425 for 15 minutes. Then, reduced heat to 350 and baked for another 45 minutes. This is how it worked out for my oven– use same directions OR modify for yours.
Here, give this a taste-test!
Less than one hour after baking,…
Thank you, Bessie, for the berries!
These raspberries were picked at the U-pick or ‘We-pick’ farm of:
Don & Mary Bratz, Owners
16162 Grupe Lane
“Raspberries– picking starting mid-July.
Call ahead for availability.”
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com