2 T EVOO
4 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 T tomato paste
2 T chili powder
1 lb ground turkey
2 C low-sodium chicken broth
14oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
3 T ketchup
hot sauce, to taste
shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping
1. In a large pot, fill about 3/4 full with salted water. Bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add scallion whites and garlic. Cook, stirring until soft, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and chili powder and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and stir, breaking up the meat until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth, bean, and ketchup. Bring to a simmer and cook until chili is slightly thickened, but still soupy, about 15 minutes. If it’s still thin, add a little cornstarch to your liking (not in the ingredients, but helpful). Stir in scallion greens and hot sauce.
5. Meanwhile, add pasta to the boiling water and cook as directions show, then drain. Divide among the plates or bowls, and top with the chili, cheese and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from: the food network.