This recipe for lemon bars seems to be almost everywhere in ‘recipe world’, and it makes for a real goodie! I think that of all bars, this is one of my favorites. For our Thanksgiving Day dinner today, in addition to some delicious dinner rolls, granddaughter Megan made and brought these——— M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m!
Ingredients For Base:
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
Ingredients For Top:
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated lemon rind (optional)
- For the base, mix the butter into the flour and sugar.
- Mix with pastry blender (or hands?) until it clings together
- Press into a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes, OR until lightly browned.
- For the filling, beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over baked, cooled crust.
- Bake at 350-degrees for about 25 minutes, or until just lightly browned on top (like in the above photo).
- Cool. When cool, sprinkle lightly with sifted powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars, and serve.
Source Recipe: http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com