|Photo: Mnazzalet Bathenjan Recipe|
• 1kg eggplants, peeled and cut into rings
• 1 tbsp salt
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 400g ground beef or lamb meat
• 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 can Al Wadi Al Akhdar chickpeas, drained
• 1 can Al Wadi Al Akhdar chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup finely chopped flat parsley leaves
• 2 cups water
• 1/3 cup pine nuts, fried
• Salt, to taste
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• Extra chopped parley leaves and pine nuts, to garnish
1. Season eggplants with salt and keep in a strainer to allow the bitter juices to drain.
2. Heat oil, and deep fry eggplants until golden brown.
3. Lay eggplants on a tray lined with paper towels and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, heat oil and cook meat for about 5mn. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for another 5mn. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley, salt, pepper, water and tomato paste. Let it simmer on low heat, in a covered pan, for 20mn.
5. Add the eggplants and continue cooking for another 10mn (add water if needed).
6. Add pine nuts to meat, stir for few seconds and turn off heat.
7. Garnish Mnazzalet Al-Bathenjan with chopped parsley leaves and fried pine nuts, serve with rice.
Save and share Mnazzalet Bathenjan Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.