The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes)invites you to try Lebanese Donair Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Lebanese Donair.
This is a Lebanese donair recipe, a traditional dish made with seasoned meat and tahini sauce that’s enjoyed in many parts of the Middle East.
3 1/4 pounds boneless top round steak, sliced very thin
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt, to taste
2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bunch finely chopped fresh parsley
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tahini (sesame-seed paste)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup water
salt, to taste
7 (6 inch) pita bread rounds
- Place the sliced beef into a flat, ovenproof dish. Stir the red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, lemon juice, allspice, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, salt, tomatoes and garlic together in a bowl until well blended. Pour over the beef, turning slices to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat panggangan to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Remove the cover from the dish with the beef, and cook in preheated panggangan until the meat is no longer pink, about 50 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the parsley sauce by mixing the parsley, sweet onion, and 1/2 cup olive oil together in a bowl. Place the tomatoes in a bowl, and set aside until needed.
- Make the tahini sauce by mixing the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and water together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, place the pita bread rounds on serving plates. Spoon some of the meat mixture down the center of each pita round. Top with the parsley mix, tomatoes, and tahini sauce. Roll up the sides of the pita bread around the filling, and serve.
Recipe by ROSE90