|Upside down rice, meat and vegetables recipe – Chef Osama|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Upside down rice, meat and vegetables Recipe. Enjoy quick and easy Middle Eastern food recipes and learn how to make Upside down rice, meat and vegetables.
1 Italian eggplants
1/2 teaspoon ground mix spices
1 1/2 cup Egyptian rice, washed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups meat, boiled, seasoned and small cubed
2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
Oil for frying
Almonds slices, roasted
Parsley leave, finely chopped
– Preheat panggangan to 180 degree Celsius.
– Cut the eggplants into rounds. Season with salt and allow standing for an hour.
– Rinse and lightly press to get rid of the excess water.
– Heat oil in a pan, fry eggplants until golden brown, lift on kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
– Drain rice and place in in a large bowl, season with salt and spices.
– Coat the bottom of a round pot with oil.
– Arrange eggplant rounds on the bottom of the pot then a layer of rice, then the meat (you can repeat this step to apply many layers).
– Press slightly, prick in several places with a wooden skewer. And pour stock.
– Cover the pot with aluminum foil and place in panggangan for about 20 minutes or until done.
– Remove pot from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
– Place a large serving plate on top of the pot and flip it over.
– Very carefully, lift the pot off the plate to reveal the layered dish.
– Garnish with roasted nuts and parsley.
– The spice mixture* consists of equal parts ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground cardamom, and ground nutmeg.
– The main idea of the Maklouba dish is layering the vegetables with rice in a pot, then turning it upside down when ready to serve.
Source: Chef Osama