Alimentation prep over the weekend for the advisable burritos during the week. Live with tater tots, foodstuff, beans and mallow, of education!
You can’t know a breakfast burrito without the tots. And you can solidify these as requisite. Virtuous be trustworthy to cooling them after assembling, not after they go in the oven. You also deprivation to get trustworthy to use area temperature ingredients to abstain any sogginess.
They can be unmoving a period beforehand in singular servings, wrapped in metal image – dated and shapely in a Ziploc bag.
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 links breakfast sausage, casing removed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup half and half*
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cook tater tots according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Add eggs to the skillet and cook, whisking, until they just begin to set. Gently whisk in half and half; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- Spread beans down centers of tortillas; top with tater tots, sausage, eggs, cheeses, tomatoes and cilantro. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito-style.* Place, seam-sides down, onto preparing baking sheet; cover.
- Place into oven and bake until heated through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.