|Vanilla Petits Fours|
Cooking time: 9 minutes | servings: 60
2 1/4 cups flour
1 small pinch of salt
1 cup butter, soft
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 teaspoon milk
1. Sift flour and salt on a piece of paper.
2. In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, sift icing sugar, add butter then beat 3 to 4 minutes until you get light mixture like whipped cream and light yellow color.
3. Add yolk, vanilla and 1 small teaspoon of milk. Beat at slow speed until yolk disappears.
4. Replace whisk attachment with paddle attachment. Add flour and mix at slow speed for one minute until ingredients mix together well.
5. Preheat panggangan to 190°C. Bring half sheet pans.
6. Put some dough in the biscuit maker, then press it to get the petit fours. Place on the pan leaving space between pieces.
7. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes until petits fours golden brown. Leave in the pan to cool completely then place in a serving dish.
8. To Garnish: Put some jam between two pieces of petits fours, stick them together then garnish sides with pistachios.
When you put the dough in the biscuit maker press on the dough so that the maker cavity is filled well. Press on the maker several times until the dough comes out from the biscuit maker. you may try some pieces for test until you get well formed ones. If the dough is too firm, add the rest of the milk ingredient.