|Coconut Muhalabia with Caramel|
Don’t be traditional and try this muhalabia with oats and coconut. It is a healthy desert that you can consider as a snack for your kids.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes approximately
Cooking Time: 40 minutes approximately
Serves: 5 persons
All you need
2 packs al alali Muhalabia Mix
2 large cans liquid coconut milk
8 tbsps. desiccated coconut
1/2 cup Egyptian rice in 2 cups water without salt or sugar
1/4 cup rose water
2 tsps. Butter
5 tbsps. brown sugar
2 tbsps. water
1 tbsp. al alali Apricot Jam
2 tsps. al alali Vanilla Powder
1 tbsp. Dates molasses
1 tbs. al alali white Oats
2 tbsps. fresh cream
1/2 cup al alali Strawberry Syrup
- Roast coconut flakes until golden color.
- Cook brown sugar with butter, water, al alali Apricot Jam and Dates Molasses until caramel color. Mix with cream.
- Place al alali Muhalabia Mix in a deep bowl, add al alali White Oats and 2 spoons of coconut milk, cook until thick, Add one spoon of cream.
- Add one tablespoon of al alali Strawberry Syrup in each cup.
- Spread Muhalabia over the rice.
- Spread caramel over the Muhalabia while hot.
- Garnish with roasted coconut.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Serve cold and enjoy!