Carrot soup is easy to make!
It is a satisfying side dish or meal itself!
Soups are a staple in our home when the weather begins to get cold. a warm soup is satisfying, calming, comforting, and nourishing. Serve the soup as a side dish or as a meal. It goes well with a sandwich, panisse, or cheese and crackers.
Carrots are considered one of the world’s healthiest foods. Including carrots in your diet provides you with beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium, and antioxidants. Try to pick carrots that are firm, smooth, straight, and bright in color. (Do not throw away the stems … they can be used in other dishes!) To keep the nutrients in your carrots after purchase and before cooking, store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag to hold in moisture.
2 lbs carrots
1 large onion – I like to use Vidalia
1/4 cup butter
1 tbsp tarragon … extra for garnish when serving
4 cups broth – I use low salt vegetable broth
- Dice the onion and carrots
- Add diced onion to a pot with the butter
- Sautee until the onions are translucent (2-5 minutes depending on size of cut)
- Add carrots and tarragon ,reduce heat, and cover. Stir after 5 minutes.
- After 10 minutes with the carrots in the pot, add the broth and bring to a boil. Once a boil is achieved, reduce heat and cook until the carrots are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to puree or wait till the soup cools enough to add to the VitaMix to puree.
Sprinkle tarragon on top or sprinkle pepitas, black pepper, gluten free bread crumbs, or sesame seeds