Blend chopped anjeer in a blender till smooth and creamy. Blend dates in grinder or blender till smooth. If you find blending dates difficult, warm them with 1 tsp ghee and then blend it will ease your work.
Add a teaspoon of ghee in non-stick pan, roast for 1-2 minute, keep aside.
Same way, add a teaspoon of ghee and roast dates for about 1-2 minutes.
Roll both the dough separately with rolling pin, grease the rolling pin with ghee to avoid sticking.
Keep one dough on the other, depending on your choice. Roll it in cylindrical shape. Roll it 2-3 times for smooth and even texture.
Spread poppy seeds, roll the dough all over it.
Keep in fridge for 1 hour, in case any moisture is there it will absorb and make it little hard, which will be easy to slice.
Store in air-tight jar for 15-20 days in room temperature.
1. Dry roast nuts and keep aside.
2. Dry roast poppy seeds and keep aside.
3. Roughly chop dates and grind.
4. Add a teaspoon of ghee to get smooth and fine paste.
5. Add a tablespoon of ghee and roast paste for 1-2 minutes.
6. Roast till it becomes clumpy.
7. Add roasted nuts.
8. Mix well and turn off the flame. Let it come down to room temperature.
9. Chop the fig (anjeer) and blend to make paste. Add ghee and roast on low flame for 2-3 times.
10. Roll both the doughs.
11. Keep one dough on the other.
12. Roll it.
13. Roll it 2-3 times for smooth and fine texture.
14. Now roll on roasted poppy seeds. Keep in fridge.
15. Slice and serve!
16. Closer look!