1 bread loaf
2 tbsp flour (all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour)
2 tbsp butter
1 glass milk
1 tsp oregano or mixed Italian herbs
1 tsp paprika (optional)
1 tsp black pepper
1 small finely chopped bell pepper
1 small finely chopped capsicum
1/4 cup boiled American corn
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
salt to taste
Slice bread loaf as shown in pic 1. Pre-heat oven at 200 degree celcius and toast the slices for 10 minutes, or till it becomes crispy and brown. If you don’t have toasting option in your oven bake at same time and temperature.
By the time bread is getting toasted, let’s prepare topping.
In a pan, melt butter and saute flour till fragrant. Add milk, whisking continuously with spoon or whisker. Add salt, oregano, paprika and black pepper. Mix well and cook till little thick, after coming down to room temperature it will become more thick. Turn off the flame.
Add chopped vegetable and boiled corn. Mix well.
By this time your bread will be well toasted and brown. Put a generous amount of topping over it, add grated cheese and this time bake at 180 degree Celsius for 5 minutes or till cheese melts.
Serve as a party starter on kids birthday party or pack in kids tiffin box.
It stays crunchy for almost 4-5 hours if bread it toasted well.
1. Slice bread loaf.
2. Like this.
3. Toast in oven at 200 degree Celsius for 10 minutes or till brown and crispy.
4. Melt butter and roast flour till fragrant.
5. Add milk.
6. Add in salt, pepper, paprika, oregano. Cook till little thick.
7. Turn off the flame and add corn and capsicum.
8. Mix well.
9. This is the consistency we want.
10. Put a generous amount of filling, top with grated cheese.
11. Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 5 minutes or till cheese melts.
12. You can see how nicely it’s brown.